Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Gigs are back at last
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Gigs are back at last
pwc

No. 1 Posted on Nov 19, 2013 11:16 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
After quite a hiatus where free gigs or jam nights were the only options, the high season has started and two gigs per week are looking firm for next month onwards plus some special Christmas and New year events. I was losing hope ..... Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 2 Posted on Nov 19, 2013 3:36 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Glad to hear gigs are coming back. There's nothing quite like getting paid to do something you'd gladly do for free!

My band is going to put gigs on hold for a little while as our bass player is scheduled for knee surgery on the 27th of this month. We've only been practicing and doing occasional free gigs. They're lots of fun, but cash is always a nice thing.

By the way, I thought of you this weekend as my wife and I bumped into a lady from Thailand. My wife and I were visiting a touristy town on the shores of Lake Michigan with our 3 airedale terriers. Her kids saw our dogs from a block away and took off running toward them. I never knew that culture liked dogs so much. I figure it must have been the influence of her American husband. We Americans really cause all sorts of trouble! Smile

Dave

No. 3 Posted on Nov 19, 2013 6:22 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
That's great Pete. Get it while you can. Enjoy!

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

StillKicken

No. 4 Posted on Nov 20, 2013 3:26 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Peter, I do a number of freebies and extra low pay gig myself. It's always a great felling when you step off the stage and some one hands you some real money.

Good for you man and enjoy!

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
pwc

No. 5 Posted on Nov 20, 2013 6:18 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The jams primarily attract enthusiastic amateurs whereas the money gigs allow true pro talent that can make a night of great musical fun so the money per se, while nice to get, is not the key attraction.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
paul

paulmiller

No. 6 Posted on Nov 21, 2013 11:25 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Good for you, Pete. Gigs for me are still slow, and December isn't picking up, but the big band has some upcoming events and the new quartet is coming together nicely.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 21 milliseconds