Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

John Williams
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster John Williams
technique2012

No. 1 Posted on Nov 10, 2013 5:44 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I wanted to share a once in a lifetime experience I witnessed on Friday.
I had the great pleasure of taking a field trip to the Chicago Symphony Center to watch the great John Williams and the CSO. He played music from Lincoln, ET, Indiana Jones, and more. The performance was fantastic. They had a montage of the movies that went along with the music played and the symphony performed perfectly in sync with the montage, where you could simply become immersed in the music and movie as if you were just watching it in the theater. I was awe struck that they didn't perform Star Wars, until just when everyone thought the performance was over, the Star Wars logo popped up along with the fanfare. Everyone cheered. He played 3 selections from Star Wars and we responded to each with a standing ovation. In total, through the whole 2 1/2 hours of amazing music, we gave 5(if not 6) standing ovations. Mr. Williams was brilliant and I was amazed by the immense talent of the orchestra. That night was a great honor for me to watch Mr. Williams and the CSO. He even signed an autograph for my school! I hope one day that I can be on that stage playing timpani. Maybe even under the conducting of Mr. Williams. It was an inspirational and amazing experience that I'll never forget.

technique2012 edited on Nov 10, 2013 5:50 PM

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Singlestroker

No. 2 Posted on Nov 13, 2013 1:41 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
technique2012 wrote:
... I hope one day that I can be on that stage playing timpani. Maybe even under the conducting of Mr. Williams...

Now there is a goal to set your sights on! I hope that you realise that goal.

Andy

No. 3 Posted on Nov 17, 2013 4:24 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Very cool. I used to get free tickets to the Grand Rapids symphony when I worked at Yamaha. They were top-notch seats - on the balcony overlooking the stage. Can't believe most of the employees wouldn't want anything to do with them.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 14 milliseconds