Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Our guitar player is straight afterall. Who knew?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Our guitar player is straight afterall. Who knew?
Andy

No. 1 Posted on Sep 28, 2013 2:12 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Our new guitar player has been with us for 6-8 months and is working out perfectly. He's 40-something, excellent guitar player, great guy, never married and no girlfriend. The bass player and I assumed he was gay so were very careful never to make any comment that could possibly insult him or his lifestyle.

The bass player, the singer and I couldn't care less about a band member's orientation. It's their business, not ours and both of us have good friends who are gay. And since we consider this guy a good friend, the last thing we want to do is insult a friend.

Following a recent practice we were all sitting around shooting the breeze. The guitar player made a comment about some female vocalist and how attractive she was. The entire band just sat silently..... long pause....nobody says anything.....finally the guitar player says "what's the matter?" We all look at each other..... long pause.... Finally, the bass player says "we thought you were gay." The guitar player says "What ever gave you that idea?" Bass player says "You've never been married, you're in your 40's and don't have a girlfriend." Guitar player responds "No, I'm not gay! I love women but just don't have any patience for all their crap!"

We all burst into laughter. As married guys, the rest of us band guys nodded in agreement! Smile

pwc

No. 2 Posted on Sep 28, 2013 2:41 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Heck, I have been married twice, divorced twice, have two grown up daughters and have lived with a number of women but many people think I am gay. Probably because I am quite pretty ..... Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 3 Posted on Sep 28, 2013 1:48 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well... I don't think many people would describe you as "pretty"... maybe "pretty funny", but not "pretty!" Smile

A British ex-pat living in Thailand, able to speak their native language in an English accent AND being able to recite old Monty Python skits. You must be great at a party! Smile

pwc

No. 4 Posted on Sep 28, 2013 8:30 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Ha .... I'll have you know, old chap, that my Thai speaking has no English accent. If anything it has a regional twang akin to Loatian that sounds funny only when I try to explain Monty Python .... Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 5 Posted on Sep 30, 2013 5:14 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
LOL! I just told my wife what you said. She's a German national. Her response: "Tell that British guy to listen to his own answering machine message and see if he still thinks he doesn't have an accent!"

That's the voice of experience talking. Smile

pwc

No. 6 Posted on Sep 30, 2013 7:18 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Haha, well your wife probably hasn't heard how good my Thai is after 47 years here as she never phones me .... Clown

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 19 milliseconds