Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Sudden recurrence of GAS...
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Re:Sudden recurrence of GAS... [Re:paul]
paul

paulmiller

No. 26 Posted on Oct 5, 2013 11:57 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I do that sometimes with a 6" A myself. Works great.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

drummer5359

No. 27 Posted on Oct 30, 2013 3:18 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've been having way more Bass GAS than drum gas the past couple of years. Recently I've been having cymbal gas again. I just pulled the trigger on my first cymbal purchase in years. A friend had a Paiste Sinature 12" splash and 14" full crash, I picked them both up for $200.

I usually use larger cashes these days, either two 18"s or an 18" and a 17". I'll throw a small crash or splash in the mix for contrast.

Most of my splashes are quite dark. I wanted something that would work better with my Paistes.

As far as logos, if that have them it doesn't bother me. If they are faded of gone it doesn't bother me either.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."
Andy

No. 28 Posted on Nov 1, 2013 4:52 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yeah, I just fell off the wagon. I purchased a 70's vintage Zildjian 18" cymbal. It's very thick - just the way I like it. Crashes fairly easily under my 2B sticks yet is still heavy enough to serve as a light ride. If I were using light sticks it wouldn't be crashable at all. I moved it to my "favorite cymbal" position, just over the hi-hat.

I listed some of by other stuff on Ebay as well. Whenever I buy some new toy, I sell some old toy I haven't used in a while.

pwc

No. 29 Posted on Nov 2, 2013 2:07 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I just bought some new cymbal felts. I felt so decadent ..... Clown

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Andy

No. 30 Posted on Nov 3, 2013 3:36 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Darn it! That Ebay "auto bid" feature just bid on another cymbal! Smile

Andy

No. 31 Posted on Nov 4, 2013 10:12 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I was outbid...but at least maintained the strength of my convictions to let it go as I watched the seconds tick away. Sad

paul

paulmiller

No. 32 Posted on Nov 6, 2013 12:59 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm not familiar with the auto bid function, but it sounds like something I need to avoid anyway.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

Andy

No. 33 Posted on Nov 7, 2013 4:22 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
paul wrote:
I'm not familiar with the auto bid function, but it sounds like something I need to avoid anyway.

The "auto bid" feature is unique to my Ebay account and automatically orders things that I REALLY, REALLY like, even if I already have too many toys! Smile

Go to page Previous 12

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 26 milliseconds