Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Will Banjo Heads work on Timbales?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Will Banjo Heads work on Timbales?
ksrigg

No. 1 Posted on Sep 2, 2013 10:53 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I recently bought a set of 1940's-50's WFL Timbales, and they are 10 1/2" and 13". I have tried a 10" and an 11" head on the 10 1/2 inch shell and neither will work, so it looks like the only thing available for this drum is going to be a Banjo head. My question is, will they work on a drum shell, and which one would hold up the best? I assume there has to be one that will work and withstand the hard hits that it is going to receive.

Anyone else run across this problem? There are quite a few of these old copper plated beauties out thee, and I know they are being played, but short of having a head made with a real skin and flesh hoop, what is a guy to do?

Any help much appreciated..

Sutton Rigg

ksrigg

No. 2 Posted on Sep 3, 2013 4:31 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Is the Fiberskyn the same thickness as the Fiberskyn used for drum heads? Is it 7.5 mils, 10 mil? There are no specs for the banjo heads at all.

I have also read that Remo will custom make a head for you. How does one go about that, and is it cost effective? What will a 10 1/2 inch head cost? I really would like it to be a Coated Ambassador to match the 13 inch head (and 11") that I already have for the Timbales..

If there is a moderator who reads the posts, can you put me in touch with the proper department to make such a request, or someone who knows the specs on the banjo heads?

Thank you very much..

Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Sep 3, 2013 6:01 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi Sutton. Try the "Contact us" button at the top of this very screen. BTW, I am not a moderator.

moneyowen

No. 4 Posted on Sep 16, 2013 1:20 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Banjo heads are 11" coated Ambassador. Tama made 11" drums for a while.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 14 milliseconds