Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

"Stupid" Ebay Questions
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster "Stupid" Ebay Questions
Andy

No. 1 Posted on Sep 1, 2013 5:15 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm selling a snare drum right now and just finished answering a couple "stupid" Ebay questions that in retrospect weren't stupid at all. Actually these "stupid questions" are helpful from the seller's perspective as it gives me an opportunity to showcase the virtues of patience, professionalism and customer service to a prospective buyer.

1. Will you offer a "buy it now" option?

My thoughts: "Hell no! I'd rather make more money on the auction format. If I would have wanted a buy it now option, don't you think I would have offered it in the first place? What's wrong with you!?"

My response: "Thank you so much for your interest in this snare drum. It's an excellent instrument and frankly I have mixed feelings in parting with it. At this time, I do not plan on offering a "buy it now" an prefer to stick to the auction format."

2. Will you accept a money order?

My thoughts: "Hell no! Now I know you're a scammer. You want to send me a bogus money order and I send you a $400 snare drum! You freaking creep! Can't you get a freaking Paypal account like every other human being on this planet?!"

My response: "At this time I prefer to stick with Paypal as it provides the highest level of comfort and convenience for both the buyer as well as the seller."

ksrigg

No. 2 Posted on Sep 2, 2013 11:09 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I agree there are tons of stupid question from eBayers and I love your responses.. both the mental and the verbal...You could have offered a BIN to the guy at $500.00 or something that is MORE than you could ever have hoped to get, and sometimes people DO BITE...

and on the Payment Option. I really wish some people would pay with a money order (a USPS one) cause then you don't have the Payal Percentage deducted.... Anyway, I like to have fun with eBay questions. That's part of the fun of selling...it is way more fun to buy though..

moneyowen

No. 3 Posted on Sep 16, 2013 1:24 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
before paypal, we used to use money orders all the time. USPS money order is as good as gold. As was said, ebay/paypal doesn't get their cut. Yes, I have gotten a lot of idiots and corresponding questions through ebay. Mostly good experiences though, I must say.

moneyowen

No. 4 Posted on Sep 16, 2013 1:25 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
before paypal, we used to use money orders all the time. USPS money order is as good as gold. As was said, ebay/paypal doesn't get their cut. Yes, I have gotten a lot of idiots and corresponding questions through ebay. Mostly good experiences though, I must say.

Andy

No. 5 Posted on Sep 16, 2013 6:09 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Actually, I like Paypal as it gives me a bit more safety - something I'm OK paying for.

Pearl57

No. 6 Posted on Sep 17, 2013 12:31 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Andy wrote:
Actually, I like Paypal as it gives me a bit more safety - something I'm OK paying for.

Too many problems with PayPal for me. Will never use them again.
Also, if someone is paying with a money order and or check, tell them once the money clears, You will then send them the product. If they refuse, you have good reason to be wary.

Andy

No. 7 Posted on Sep 17, 2013 5:39 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Pearl57 wrote:
Too many problems with PayPal for me. Will never use them again.
Also, if someone is paying with a money order and or check, tell them once the money clears, You will then send them the product. If they refuse, you have good reason to be wary.

So far Paypal has been good to me. Hope it stays that way!

I agree with you that if I get any serious resistance from a potential buyer about method of payment, I block them. Better not to sell something than sell to a difficult customer.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 23 milliseconds