Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

That wonderful feeling
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster That wonderful feeling
paul

paulmiller

No. 1 Posted on Aug 4, 2013 12:22 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I love pulling a brand new pair of sticks out of the bag; love the feel of new drumsticks.

Sticks have been lasting me 3 months or more, so I get to feel it less often, but broke out new ones today at church so I'll be used to them at our big band gig Wednesday.

At least, that was my excuse.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

Andy

No. 2 Posted on Aug 6, 2013 6:44 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yeah, I know the feeling. New drumsticks in the hands are hard to beat. Other things that feel good in my hands include:

1. The steering wheel and 5-speed gearshift of my beat up Honda Accord.
2. My old Remington model 870 pump shotgun
3. The vibrations of a drumstick as I'm playing my favorite song
4. Driving a big nail with my 28 ounce Easwing framing hammer
5. Petting my dogs
6. The feel of my Fender Precision Bass (though I'm strictly a beginner)

StillKicken

No. 3 Posted on Aug 7, 2013 8:01 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
paul wrote:

At least, that was my excuse.

Just couldn't wait, right? Big Smile New wood is always nice.

A 28oz framing hammer? I'm staying out of his way!!!

I also like the feel of landing a nice smooth R/C airplane. When you grease one in that adrenalin rush just make your head swell.

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
Andy

No. 4 Posted on Aug 26, 2013 6:24 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKicken wrote:
Just couldn't wait, right? Big Smile New wood is always nice.

A 28oz framing hammer? I'm staying out of his way!!!

I also like the feel of landing a nice smooth R/C airplane. When you grease one in that adrenalin rush just make your head swell.

sherm

Yeah... a 28 oz framing hammer! What's it to you! ???!!! Smile Great feeling. Just keep me away from you RC plane! Smile

StillKicken

No. 5 Posted on Aug 27, 2013 6:41 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
LOL!!!!!

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
Dave

No. 6 Posted on Aug 28, 2013 8:16 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The man knows his tools. The Estwing is the hammer of all hammers, and the model 870 is the most successful pump actions ever made.

Oh, and I love new sticks also.

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

Andy

No. 7 Posted on Aug 28, 2013 3:02 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dave wrote:
The man knows his tools. The Estwing is the hammer of all hammers, and the model 870 is the most successful pump actions ever made.

Oh, and I love new sticks also.

Don't mean to insult you or anything, but you and I are a lot alike! Smile

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 23 milliseconds