Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Concert Band Section Help
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Concert Band Section Help
technique2012

No. 1 Posted on Mar 13, 2013 2:45 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
As the "unofficial section leader", I'm supposed to distribute parts for a song for a while until my band director selects parts for people. As this process can take a while, I'm often caught in the middle of arguments over who gets what part. I do my best to be fair but inevitably upset someone. Help?

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
paul

paulmiller

No. 2 Posted on Mar 13, 2013 3:09 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
After you remind everyone that your assignments are likely to be temporary, just do your best and accept that some will be unhappy. It goes with the territory.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

technique2012

No. 3 Posted on Mar 13, 2013 3:19 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
paul wrote:
After you remind everyone that your assignments are likely to be temporary, just do your best and accept that some will be unhappy. It goes with the territory.

I remind them that it's temporary and they still argue with each other. What do you mean when you say "It goes with the territory."?

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
HuskerFan

Joshua

No. 4 Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:41 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Basically, someone is bound to be upset every time. It happens no matter what.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Copper Sparkle

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 17 milliseconds