Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Latest cymbal purchase
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Latest cymbal purchase
Coop12

No. 1 Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:31 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey guys, I sort of recently bought this cymbal with about the longest name I've ever seen. It's the 22" Zildjian K Constantinople Medium Thin High Ride. If that's not a mouth full, I don't know what is. The purpose of this thread is just for fun, but I'm wondering, do you have any weird cymbals? Anything with a weird or long name or shape or anything? If so, what do you think about em? I'm trying to find a collection of the most different, random cymbals. Also, I just wanted to gloat over my new cymbal. Beer

RvJim

Reverend

No. 2 Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:51 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The most odd cymbal I have (is not that odd) is a hand hammered Chinaboy. It is a nice sounding china. More of a snare drum man myself Smile

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
technique2012

No. 3 Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:13 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have the Holy China. That's just the best name in the world and it's the most obnoxious china in the world.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Andy

No. 4 Posted on Feb 19, 2013 4:52 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Weird cymbals? Hmmmm..... I have a 1970's vintage hollow logo 21" rock ride that is really unlike any other ride I've ever played. I purchased it used back in the 80's. It's very loud, is full of thunderous overtones, rings forever and is actually quite "crashable."

Coop12

No. 5 Posted on Feb 20, 2013 12:33 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The K Constantinople (insert rest of name here) is the thinnest ride I've ever seen! You hit this thing, and it just wobbles everywhere. It's heavily hammered and sounds SUPER washy and kind of deep. It's really crashable but it's really best suited for low volume stuff. I have two rivets in it right now too so it just sizzles FOREVER

moneyowen

No. 6 Posted on Feb 20, 2013 4:07 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I have that cymbal! mine is 20" though, thin high I don't think it's medium

(Click the picture to view the original one)

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 28 milliseconds