Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Nifty cymbal stand; I like
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Nifty cymbal stand; I like
StillKicken

No. 1 Posted on Feb 10, 2013 5:22 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
A Nifty cymbal stand I found at local drum shop and really like. Itís made by Tama and heavy duty enough for the pro gigging drummer. It comes with a Hide-a-Way boom arm AND a single tom mount. Lighter than most stands of its type, folds up small and easy to carry.

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/product/hardware_data.php?id=57&year=2013&area=2

Just thought I would share; if you are looking for a multi-purpose stand I would recommend it. I have even used it with two toms with an added clamp on tom mount. The standard tom mount is strong enough to hold my heavy 13 x 14 rack tom.

I remove the stand base and plug it into my Stealth rack; works like a charm.

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Feb 10, 2013 8:48 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
My father and I actually utilize a DW version of the multi-purpose for our traveling 4-piece kit. It's quite useful. I strongly recommend it.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
RvJim

Reverend

No. 3 Posted on Feb 10, 2013 9:55 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've been using this stand for years. I've got 3 of them and they are still holding up after a lot of abuse.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously"
-Hubert H Humphrey
OldFart

Mapex

No. 4 Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:53 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Looks like a great stand ...

For my use, I've got what appears to be three possible paths to follow to get the kit so that I'd have a useful choice of set-ups.

I'd have to obtain gear; likely these or something like these pieces :

A.) Same brand Mapex Double-Tom Stand .

Or a different brand, namely a

B.) Gibraltar Double-Tom Foundation - But that would require I obtain two Mapex spec'd L-Rods ( at $10 apiece added to the finished price; as well as adding weight and bulk to what I'd have to haul and store). And if I could get just the Tri-pod and middle extension in one package, I'd be able to make use of the double-tom mount currently on the Bass.

Or

C.) Purchase Four Gibraltar Tom Arm Adapters . I'd then eliminate my double-tom stand and its weight while adding back the weight of the four pieces (overall, though, that would be a big help). These Adapters would fit the four cymbal stands I already have which appear stout enough and offer enough tripod spread to handle the Toms and cymbals simultaneously. I'd then also gain some footprint flexibility. I'd also be able to eliminate the double-tom fitting on the bass while enabling beneficial Hat and Cymbal placement options over and near the Bass drum.

Item C appeals the most to me at the moment. It appears the most elegant solution with the softest wallet hit. And the aforementioned is coupled with greater ease of storage/haulage.

Not fitting directly with this discussion - after I decide whether I'll pursue the above, I'd also need a Remote Hat. Further down the list is to swap out the 22" diameter Bass for a 20" ( or even an 18" ). Of course, that's not part of Cymbal/Tom stand conversation fodder.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 21 milliseconds