Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Pics from the pilots seat
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Re:Pics from the pilots seat [Re:Densbak]
Pearl57

No. 26 Posted on Apr 5, 2013 5:43 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Densbak wrote:
Hey' all...these are what I'm playing on these days. "Dixon" outlaw kit. Great price for a full set of full maple drums (made in the Gretsch factory a couple years ago).

Nice! !!

Densbak

No. 27 Posted on Apr 7, 2013 7:43 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Pearl57 wrote:
Nice! !!

Thanks! And I might add that back in the day "Pinstripes were the go to head for Gretsch drums (believe it or not). Since this picture was taken I've tried out clear pins on the toms and I can say that they sound great on these drums. I know that Gretsch didn't make shells from full maple, but they knew what they were doing.

Dixon drum sets are a thing of the past. I bought these on clearance, and I'm glad I did at the time. The snare drum is wicked, as is the Kick drum.

moneyowen

No. 28 Posted on Apr 7, 2013 2:43 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Post is deleted

moneyowen edited on Apr 8, 2013 6:51 AM

moneyowen

No. 29 Posted on Apr 7, 2013 2:43 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Xxx

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Pearl57

No. 30 Posted on Apr 8, 2013 4:08 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
moneyowen wrote:
Xxx

Very nice! :Beautiful pies! Gretsch kit? Is one cymbal a bosphorus? the one wuth the semi circle logo?

moneyowen

No. 31 Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:52 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks. It's Gretsch Broadkaster. That cymbal is a Dream Bliss

Pearl57

No. 32 Posted on Apr 8, 2013 7:30 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
moneyowen wrote:
Thanks. It's Gretsch Broadkaster. That cymbal is a Dream Bliss

Thought so on the kit, I could see a portion of the badge. Never heard of Dream Cymbals. Will check them out!

OldFart

Mapex

No. 33 Posted on Apr 8, 2013 5:53 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I thoroughly and utterly covet Moneyowen's Broadkasters ...

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
HuskerFan

Joshua

No. 34 Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:42 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Pearl57 wrote:
Thought so on the kit, I could see a portion of the badge. Never heard of Dream Cymbals. Will check them out!

Dreams are awesome, especially for their price. My Dream Vintage Bliss 18" crash/ride is wonderful.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Copper Sparkle

Boettcher68

Tim

No. 35 Posted on Apr 11, 2013 5:46 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
One of my kits...

OldFart

Mapex

No. 36 Posted on Apr 11, 2013 6:14 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey Tim -

Great pic and a really lovely kit.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
Singlestroker

No. 37 Posted on Apr 13, 2013 1:21 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Densbak wrote:
... Dixon drum sets are a thing of the past...

I find it all the more satisfying to be playing drums in good condition that aren't made any more. Perhaps it's my age.

I wonder if there's another musical instrument that has such a long list of defunct brands as drum kits.

Pearl57

No. 38 Posted on Apr 14, 2013 4:00 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Boettcher68 wrote:
One of my kits...

Very nice setup and the cymbals are lookin killer!
Have you gotten your new kit with 26 in BD yet?

Densbak

No. 39 Posted on Apr 14, 2013 5:21 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Singlestroker wrote:
I find it all the more satisfying to be playing drums in good condition that aren't made any more. Perhaps it's my age.

I wonder if there's another musical instrument that has such a long list of defunct brands as drum kits.

I'd guess Stadivarius, or other wooden stringed instruments.

A little back story on my Dixon kit...

When I ordered the kit it came with 10" 12" 14" toms. This was the Outlaw kit. They had another kit in the same color with larger drums, including a 16" floor tom. Now, knowing that they were selling these kits cheap to empty out their stock I knew I was going to have a problem. I wanted a 16" floor tom to have variety (change up with the 14" or just use both). So, I called and asked if they had any 16" floor toms around in this blue burst sparkle lacquer. They said yes, but it was with another kit arrangement. I then asked if they would think about breaking up that kit so I could purchase the one 16" drum. Mind you, I only paid close to $500 for my entire kit. They said NO!

So I switched into "I just gotsta have it mode", and I offered them $200 shipped to my address. I waited till the salesman asked his boss. I heard his boss in the background ask him "How much?"...Then he said, "Do it!" I got a big grin on my face because I knew I was now going to have a complete kit in the matching color (full maple too).

So, to have these drums in all the sizes is special. They sound perfect for the music we play and I couldn't be happier!

Den

drummer5359

No. 40 Posted on Apr 17, 2013 1:22 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite

This should work.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."
Pearl57

No. 41 Posted on Apr 17, 2013 2:04 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
drummer5359 wrote:

This should work.

Holy moley!!! Wow!

drummer5359

No. 43 Posted on Apr 17, 2013 2:32 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks.

I rarely set up the whole kit, it's usually more like this.

(Taken this past weekend.)

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."
Boettcher68

Tim

No. 43 Posted on Apr 23, 2013 5:43 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
New Kit...

Boettcher68

Tim

No. 44 Posted on Apr 23, 2013 5:45 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Front view...

Sleepyeyes

No. 45 Posted on Apr 25, 2013 3:10 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
They sure look really exciting and Iíll be posting up my picture in a couple of days.

Study in Cologne
StillKickinIt

Poopeye

No. 46 Posted on Apr 26, 2013 6:38 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Pearl57 wrote:
Just switched from Ambi X coated to Ambi Black Suede. ....Best head for me so far.

Any pics from the pilot seat out there?

I failed to mention that your set looks amazing. Very nicely done and the black heads look very cool. Looks like a fun set to play....except for that whole "lefty" thang!! Approved

Kick me...beat me....hit me with sticks....
Pearl57

No. 47 Posted on Apr 30, 2013 12:52 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKickinIt wrote:
I failed to mention that your set looks amazing. Very nicely done and the black heads look very cool. Looks like a fun set to play....except for that whole "lefty" thang!! Approved

Thanks! It is fun to play even though I am in my "right mind"!!! lol!

moneyowen

No. 49 Posted on Apr 30, 2013 5:34 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
HuskerFan wrote:
Dreams are awesome, especially for their price. My Dream Vintage Bliss 18" crash/ride is wonderful.

Yeah they are nice cymbals. That is a Bliss 18" crash/ride. But not a vintage. Very inexpensive. I also have 14" hi hat pair. I go those several years ago when they first started showing up

http://www.drummagazine.com/gear/post/dream-cymbals-a-sonic-wake-up-call/

Go to page Previous 12

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 62 milliseconds