Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Re:Help?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:Help? [Re:drumster15]
Drummistic

No. 2 Posted on Jan 26, 2013 8:18 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Companies accept endorsements (and give gear back as a result) based on marketing decisions.

They will support someone who helps them selling more of their drums to a specific target segment. Sell yourself as someone who can attract the attention of certain demographic that they would want to capture. For example, suppose that they are doing pretty well in the segment "teenagers with a taste of dead metal". If you are one of these, it is improbable that they would be interested. On the other hand, if they are not doing too well in the segment "old ladies with a knack of latin music", you fit this profile and they perceive that you can help them in that area, they could be interested in supporting you.

Word your request in a way that will make them feel that giving you gear will end with them selling more of their products.

It doesn't have the same marketing impact for them you saying "I went to a Battle of the Bands in my High School, a friend had one of your drums for us to play and I loved the sound" that "During my last session with Beyoncé, Electric Lady Studios, NY, they had one of your drums there, I loved its sound and it was a perfect fit for her music..."

Drummistic edited on Jan 29, 2013 10:15 AM

Black Panther (Mapex) Velvetone Drum Set.
Rocket Shell 14x5, Yamaha SD493 Brass Piccolo and Black Panther Velvetone Snare Drums.
Zildjian Cymbals.
Remo Heads.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
612 Help? drumster15 635 Jan 25, 2013 4:49 PM
516 Re:Help? Drummistic 1192 Jan 26, 2013 8:18 AM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds