Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Re:Well...
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Well...
Dave

No. 1 Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:34 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
This is awkward...

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

Boettcher68

Tim

No. 2 Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:06 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Crickets LOL

How ya been Dave?

technique2012

No. 3 Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:11 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dave wrote:
This is awkward...

How so?

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Dave

No. 4 Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:20 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Tim nailed it.
I'm doing ok. Nothing percussion related to report, but I like to check in and see what everybody else is doing.
How are you Tim?

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

OldFart

Mapex

No. 5 Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:40 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
It's hard to hear ya and distinguish what those indistinct sounds are, Dave, due to the echoes in this empty hall ... and I actually WAS listening <admittedly, these are older ears>.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
Andy

No. 6 Posted on Jan 17, 2013 4:02 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I got frustrated with the guys I was jamming with about six months ago and packed all my stuff away. I haven't touched it since. If this lingers for too long, I might even unload one kit and go down to only 1 kit.

In June once I retire from the Army I might start something up again.

StillKickinIt

Poopeye

No. 7 Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:30 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hmmm....yes....like a library in here... Big Smile

Gigs are dry right now but we're working on a website and some cheapo video for references when we're out hunting.

Otherwise......shhhh....trying to nap.

Kick me...beat me....hit me with sticks....
HuskerFan

Joshua

No. 8 Posted on Jan 18, 2013 11:55 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've been occupying myself with auxiliary percussion in University Band, but nothing else exciting drumming-wise to report. Just the wonders of different-sized triangle beaters.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Copper Sparkle

technique2012

No. 9 Posted on Jan 19, 2013 5:53 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm preparing for a contest this afternoon. Will report how well it goes.

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
StillKicken

No. 10 Posted on Jan 19, 2013 12:06 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'm trying to understand a new electronic drum tuner called the Tune-Bot, I'm about to through it out the window but I'm afraid I'll break it. (the window)Big Smile

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
technique2012

No. 11 Posted on Jan 19, 2013 9:09 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
We did bad. And Sherm, before you bust your window, look up a Tune-bot video online. That's how my dad and I figured out ours.

-Charles Mingus
Pearl57

No. 12 Posted on Jan 20, 2013 5:39 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKicken wrote:
I'm trying to understand a new electronic drum tuner called the Tune-Bot, I'm about to through it out the window but I'm afraid I'll break it. (the window)Big Smile

sherm

Defintely check out the videos on it... The thing works wonders!!! Best tuning device invented for drummers...

My kit is pitched in major thirds with the 8in tom=3E...The drums sing...

StillKicken

No. 13 Posted on Jan 31, 2013 4:01 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Pearl57 wrote:
Defintely check out the videos on it... The thing works wonders!!! Best tuning device invented for drummers...

My kit is pitched in major thirds with the 8in tom=3E...The drums sing...

How do you have the snare drum tuned the suggestions on the web site seem to be very high. I tried the lowest reading and almost choked the drum. The heads are old, I'm changing both heads this weekend.

Thanks,
sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 25 milliseconds