Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Hi, Pgdrums
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Hi, Pgdrums
StillKicken

No. 1 Posted on Jan 5, 2013 10:33 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi Pgdrums,

Glad to see you back on the forum.

Hey, did you ever get the lighting problem fixed on your bass drum. I'm thinking of doing the LED strip thing on the inside of my bass, like the one on You Tube.

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
pgdrums

No. 2 Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:05 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey, Sherm. I did end up using an LED light strip on the perimeter of the front hoop. It's not perfect, but it works better than anything else I've found so far. I'll try to take a photo of it at this weekend's gig and post it here for you to see.

Mark

pgdrums

No. 3 Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:04 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Not the sharpest image, unfortunately, but I finally remembered to take a photo last weekend. The LEDs aren't ideal, because they're more directional and less diffused than I'd like, but they're the best solution I've come up with so far.

(Click the picture to view the original one)

pgdrums

No. 4 Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:21 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Here's a slightly better pic.

(Click the picture to view the original one)

technique2012

No. 5 Posted on Jan 28, 2013 3:54 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Nice set dudeSmile

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
StillKicken

No. 6 Posted on Jan 29, 2013 7:26 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hi Mark,

I like that!! The drums look nice with the lights, I'm sure they look better than the pictures. They do light up the logo and that's important.

Last weekend at one of the Home Depots I found some led tape light systems like yours and at some point I plan to install the color system inside the bass. The price is holding me back at this time. I need a hardware case real bad and just purchased a bass drum case. I think next month with some of my band money and a little extra I can get the hardware case. First things first!! But it may be a while getting the lights.

Hope you enjoy yours and the nice thing is they donít use much electricity. Do they burn cool as well?

Thanks for the pictures,
sherm

pgdrums

No. 7 Posted on Feb 7, 2013 8:09 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hey, Sherm. The LED lights produce zero heat, so there's no risk of melting the Mylar or logo or anything like that. Mine are on a dimmer, so I can adjust the brightness. I wouldn't recommend getting them without a dimmer, because 100% power is way too bright and overwhelming. I bring it down to probably about 20%.

Also, the lights come in cool white, warm white, and various colors. I first had the cool white and ended up removing them and replacing them with warm white. The cool white was just too bright. I wanted the focus to be on the logo, not the lights themselves. The answer might be different on a white head, but the cool white just washed out the black head too much.

Some things to consider if you go this route.

StillKicken

No. 8 Posted on Feb 9, 2013 4:53 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks Mark,

I've been thinking along the lines of interior color lights, changing colors like the guy on YouTube and similar to what I had back in the late 60's. Also thinking of using a vintage style shield and initials on the head.

At Home Depot prices it should cost me about $140.00. At this point in my life I'm investing in drum and hardware cases to make things easier during setup and tear down; loading and unloading, etc., etc., etc. LOL!! So the lighting system may have to wait. LED is the way to go, for sure.

sherm

Andy

No. 9 Posted on Feb 16, 2013 5:00 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Welcome back Pgdrums. I pretty much stopped coming to this forum due to the loss of guys like you. I'll check in more often.

pgdrums

No. 10 Posted on Feb 18, 2013 8:54 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Ahh, thanks Andy. That's very kind of you to say.

I got really busy for awhile and, unfortunately, I expect to get pretty busy again here soon, so my presence here might be a bit sporadic again. I'll do my best, though. It's always fun to see what other drummers are up to.

Andy

No. 11 Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:07 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You're welcome. I'll catch you when I can.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 28 milliseconds