Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Re:Connecting two shells to form one drum?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Connecting two shells to form one drum?
TheLemonAid

No. 1 Posted on Dec 12, 2012 1:45 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
This is not my creation... but I accidentally found this on google a few moments ago. It's quite interesting I have to say, I've never seen or heard of anything like this before... what do you think?

Funny or interesting drum-related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=6frNG86EMDQ&NR=1
(New video every now and then just for entertainment :) )
Singlestroker

No. 2 Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:35 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well I hope it produced the sound that he or she was looking for. It needed to to make that abomination worth it, especially when the main kit is such a pretty vintage one (Sonor?)

At least the abomination isn't permanent!

OldFart

Mapex

No. 3 Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:54 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Although not artistically applied, they make good use of Duct Tape.

For a Bass Drum to be extended that way, it's more than likely at least somewhat weaker in projection. Shallower Basses are proportionately more responsive.

I'm sure it's fun to experiment, though.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
StillKicken

No. 4 Posted on Dec 15, 2012 2:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Oh no not with tape. Except for specialty type tapes they are not designed for removal. When used on some surfaces it tends to ruin it or leave a residue and hard to clean. Tape should only be use for what it was designed for.

I can understand someone wanting to find out what something like that would sound like but tape is the wrong thing to use.

I wouldn't think it sounded any good anyway; the resonance of the two shells probably wouldn't match.

I hate tape anywhere near fine equipment!

Sherm Big Smile

StillKicken edited on Dec 15, 2012 2:54 PM

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 17 milliseconds