Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Re:RIP Dave Brubeck
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster RIP Dave Brubeck
kudoco

Adrian

No. 1 Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:00 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Did you hear the news? Dave Brubeck passed away at age 91.
Very sad day, his music changed my life.

An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.
technique2012

No. 2 Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:36 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I was ready to post this once I saw it on the news... you beat me to it. It's very sad that it was one day short of his 92nd birthday. He was the first jazz artist my dad ever had me listen to. Dave Brubeck is now reunited with Joe Morello and Paul Desmond somewhere... he'll never be forgotten. Yet another jazz figure vanished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1S_vA0ougg

technique2012 edited on Dec 5, 2012 5:52 PM

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:02 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes, I was thinking of posting on Dave Brubeck's death. It goes to show how significant his work was to drummers - trhough the great Joe Morello, of course.

OldFart

Mapex

No. 4 Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:54 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Quite a life.

Really, what's a few hours? Let's just agree he was 92 at his passing.

The Notable ones leave quite an imprint, don't they?

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 15 milliseconds