Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Tough crowd ....
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Tough crowd ....
pwc

No. 1 Posted on Nov 22, 2012 11:22 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I am on a drummers Facebook page and some poor guy asks which kit he should buy and one reply said "A Sewing Kit" ..... not nice but somewhat funny ....

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
OldFart

Mapex

No. 2 Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:21 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pwc wrote:
I am on a drummers Facebook page and some poor guy asks which kit he should buy and one reply said "A Sewing Kit" ..... not nice but somewhat funny ....

That's what I like to see : camaraderie and encouragement Smile

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:58 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Let's hope that suggestion didn't come as a result of the drummer's playing!

StillKickinIt

Poopeye

No. 4 Posted on Nov 23, 2012 7:07 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You want a tough crowd?!! I belong to a forum of fellow owners of my car and they have an "off topic, politics and religion" forum.....Oh my...It's just BRUTAL in there.

I stay away....

But I see the humor in "sewing kit".....

Kick me...beat me....hit me with sticks....
OldFart

Mapex

No. 5 Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:28 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKickinIt wrote:
You want a tough crowd?!! I belong to a forum of fellow owners of my car and they have an "off topic, politics and religion" forum.....Oh my...It's just BRUTAL in there.

I stay away....

But I see the humor in "sewing kit".....

In a forum about cars, I can understand when someone gets "Torque'd Off" . Alright, that was bad. But yeah, the taboo topics do tend to raise the blood pressure now and again.

{ Looks like you'll have to vet the 'Vette owners a bit better Wink }

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
technique2012

No. 6 Posted on Nov 23, 2012 5:25 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
How incredibly harsh... though I face a harsh crowd in algerbra where everyone thinks they're smarter than everyone and they all yell at each other over a problem about the growth of plants...

"Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple."
-Charles Mingus
Andy

No. 7 Posted on Nov 26, 2012 5:16 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
It could have been a funny remark had the person immediately followed up with ...but seriously, I recommend brand X because.....

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 22 milliseconds