Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

Lights out ?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Lights out ?
pwc

No. 1 Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:54 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I wish they had turned the light out. I look a lot younger in the dark .... Smile

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
paul

paulmiller

No. 2 Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:42 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Very cool setup, Pete.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

Singlestroker

No. 3 Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:53 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well, I tell my friends that people think I look more extinguished as I get older. You look ok to me!

Did you find that the Taye kit saved you much time on your first outing with it?

pwc

No. 4 Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:00 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Set up is very easy as memory locks are supplied everywhere on the hardware and 5 drums all fit in two bags. Once bass drum is up and tom holder in, the two mounted ones slip on in seconds and the same with the hanging "floor tom". So, yes, time is saved and so is my ageing back when loading in and out ... Smile

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
pwc

No. 5 Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:10 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thanks, Paul. It is a very easy kit to move around on and really sounds very good for the small group acoustic gigs I do. Tuning range on the toms is quite amazing and with their RIMS style mounts they project well and cleanly. When I played a gig with the kit fully miced up, it all had a very big kit sound indeed. So, I am very happy with it.

pwc edited on Nov 13, 2012 1:12 AM

OldFart

Mapex

No. 6 Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:53 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes, it IS a very nice kit Smile

Congratulations once more, Peter. The picture with you playing supplies a sense of proportion.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
pwc

No. 7 Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:32 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Randy, the perspective on this pic might give a truer idea ...

(Click the picture to view the original one)

StillKickinIt

Poopeye

No. 8 Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:19 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Looks like yer laundry is dry there....time to fold..Big SmileBig Smile

Kick me...beat me....hit me with sticks....
OldFart

Mapex

No. 9 Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:07 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
pwc wrote:
Randy, the perspective on this pic might give a truer idea ...

It does ...

Taye did a really nice job with this package.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
steveo

No. 10 Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:23 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
looking good mate Big Smile great that youre back playing Cool

http://heroeslive.co.uk/index.html
paul

paulmiller

No. 11 Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:42 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Really tight setup. I like it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely preferable to the presence of those who think they've found it. - Terry Pratchett

Just Add Sticks

StillKicken

No. 12 Posted on Nov 18, 2012 5:57 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
paul wrote:
Really tight setup. I like it.

Yes I like that. Pete, I saw a set being played in Buda Tx about three weeks ago. Buda is a small town south of Austin and the drive through downtown is about a mile or two. LOL!! As I was driving through during one of their celebrations I noticed a set of drums on a flat bed trailer. My time scheduled was too tight, I planed to stop on my trip back but by then there was a different band playing...my thoughts were; wow that may have been Pete on tour. Big Smile

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
pwc

No. 13 Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:20 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Ha .... I am reminded of Paul's long-ago definition of tour vs. a far away set of gigs and if it was me on that trailer it would have been the latter .... Smile

StillKickinIt

Poopeye

No. 14 Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:53 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Some beautiful shells and hardware on those. Perfect for what you are doing and I bet they are easy to haul around!

Kick me...beat me....hit me with sticks....

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 27 milliseconds