Remo
DrumTalk » General Discussion

ITS OFFICIALLY THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster ITS OFFICIALLY THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!
BiggDogg

No. 1 Posted on Sep 5, 2012 6:13 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
The NFL season has finally officially started!! Lets go Cowboys!!!!

OldFart

Mapex

No. 2 Posted on Sep 5, 2012 9:24 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BiggDogg wrote:
The NFL season has finally officially started!! Lets go Cowboys!!!!

Romo and the Boys done good tonight ... in Their house, too. They put it together in the second half. Good job.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Terry Bozzio Single-Ply Coated
StillKicken

No. 3 Posted on Sep 8, 2012 8:04 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yes. I enjoyed that game.

My wife tries get to me; she says Romo can't do nuttin'.

Then I asked her; who just threw that long pass. (dead silence) LOL!!

sherm

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple System
BiggDogg

No. 4 Posted on Sep 8, 2012 11:11 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKicken wrote:
Yes. I enjoyed that game.

My wife tries get to me; she says Romo can't do nuttin'.

Then I asked her; who just threw that long pass. (dead silence) LOL!!

sherm

Too many Romo haters.He is setting all kinds of Cowboys passing records....even passing some of Aikmans records and people still say he is the worst QB ever for Dallas. They bring up his not being able to win the big games......I don't remember him playing defense. And as far as throwing INTs.....31 TDs to 10 INTS last year and over 4,200 yards. And that was with a TERRIBLE line and Receivers that didn't know where to line up half the time.Pretty darn good if you ask me.If he was playing with a team like Aikman had in the early 90s......he would have Super Bowl rings.

OldFart

Mapex

No. 5 Posted on Sep 8, 2012 11:35 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BiggDogg wrote:
Too many Romo haters.He is setting all kinds of Cowboys passing records....even passing some of Aikmans records and people still say he is the worst QB ever for Dallas. They bring up his not being able to win the big games......I don't remember him playing defense. And as far as throwing INTs.....31 TDs to 10 INTS last year and over 4,200 yards. And that was with a TERRIBLE line and Receivers that didn't know where to line up half the time.Pretty darn good if you ask me.If he was playing with a team like Aikman had in the early 90s......he would have Super Bowl rings.

... Add to that, he played in spite of a rib injury early last year. I wish my team - the AZ Cardinals - had Romo. The Cowboys as a team have to perform, not just Romo, to get into the playoffs. Although close is No Cigar, they get right up to the point where they'll make it and then something happens. You just gotta persevere ... they'll make it yet.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
BiggDogg

No. 6 Posted on Sep 8, 2012 5:57 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I think they made some good moves on teh defensive side....just hope the O Line can come together.

Singlestroker

No. 7 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 12:00 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
OK Guys, you can forget all that and concentrate on the real story.

Andy Murray is through to the final of the US Open.

Big Smile

BiggDogg

No. 8 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 9:58 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Singlestroker wrote:

Big Smile

Is Tiger playing that tournamnet???

OldFart

Mapex

No. 9 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 11:16 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Singlestroker wrote:

Big Smile

Clown

Is he a Linebacker or a Cornerback? Smile

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Singlestroker

No. 10 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 1:11 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
OldFart wrote:Is he a Linebacker or a Cornerback? Smile

Damn, American football sounds complicated! Perhaps that's why I've never got to understand Rugby football - from which I believe it evolved.

By the way, do you play much Bowls, aka Lawn Bowls over there?

BiggDogg

No. 11 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 3:46 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Singlestroker wrote:
Damn, American football sounds complicated! Perhaps that's why I've never got to understand Rugby football - from which I believe it evolved.

By the way, do you play much Bowls, aka Lawn Bowls over there?

LAwn Bowls??? Only bowling i do is in a bowling alley.

Mendell

No. 12 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:10 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Your Boys now have pretty good corners, helping Rob out with his defense as he can get creative.

Gretsh Renown Maple 10, 12, 14 and 16 toms, 22 bass drum, Yamaha, Spaun and Pork Pie snares. DW 9002 and Iron Cobra Powerglide double pedals. Many cymbals, here it is:

HuskerFan

Joshua

No. 13 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 9:20 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
My team's got a pretty good quarterback now! Good start for the Mile High boys.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Copper Sparkle

OldFart

Mapex

No. 14 Posted on Sep 9, 2012 10:34 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
HuskerFan wrote:
My team's got a pretty good quarterback now! Good start for the Mile High boys.

Yes, the Broncos did well tonight Smile

My team barely won today. Being an AZ Cardinals fan is difficult in most circumstances; today being no exception.

However, my college team was victorious Saturday. 'Fraid the Cornhuskers didn't fare as well as they wanted at the Rose Bowl. Jim Mora has the UCLA Bruins pumped at the moment. It's only the second game, though. We'll have to watch the seasons unfold for both college and the NFL.

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
Singlestroker

No. 15 Posted on Sep 10, 2012 2:46 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BiggDogg wrote:
LAwn Bowls??? Only bowling i do is in a bowling alley.

You haven't lived then! I'm only joking. It's not entirely unknown over there, despite its relative sedateness. California even has its own "California Lawn Bowls Day" originally declared when Arnold Schwarzenegger was Governor.

Singlestroker

No. 16 Posted on Sep 10, 2012 5:21 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Sorry I hijacked your football thread, guys, but having done so, forgive me, if you will, one more time.

It's 2.20am here in the Greenwich Meantime zone and I can now go to bed. Andy Murray is the US Open Champion! He's our first for 76 years.

Big Smile

BiggDogg

No. 17 Posted on Sep 11, 2012 11:10 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Singlestroker wrote:
You haven't lived then! I'm only joking. It's not entirely unknown over there, despite its relative sedateness. California even has its own "California Lawn Bowls Day" originally declared when Arnold Schwarzenegger was Governor.

Explain the lawn bowling.You have me interested.

Singlestroker

No. 18 Posted on Sep 13, 2012 12:44 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BiggDogg wrote:
Explain the lawn bowling.You have me interested.

Thank you for asking. These Youtube clips illustrate the principles of the game very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Jarx0HWpPsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tupeq1irpU

As you can see, Lawn Bowls, or Bowls, is no longer played only on lawns. It is also played on a variety of artificial surfaces. In the UK it is usually played on grass when outdoors, and on carpet when indoors. The bowls are asymmetrical, so that they take a curved road to the “jack”; i.e. the small object ball.

The game is played on a “green”, which consists of one or more parallel rinks. The delivery of the jack, then all of the players’ bowls in a single direction is known as an “end”.

You score a point if, at the conclusion of an end, one of your, or your team’s, bowls is nearer to the jack than your opponent’s nearest. More points are scored if more than one of your bowls is nearer than your opponent’s nearest.

In Singles, as shown in the second clip, play is first-to-21 and, at least in the UK, occurs only in knockout competitions. In pairs, triples and fours, the format varies between various leagues and competitions, but the winner has the highest score after a fixed time or a fixed number of “ends”.

In Singles and Pairs, the format can be two or four bowls per end; in triples it is two or three bowls per player per end, while in Fours it is always two.

The clips show players of the highest calibre. The game is highly skillful and challenging. As with any sport, a minority reach the level shown here.

The game is played most in Australia, although, as with Snooker until recently, the “World” championships are in reality played by UK players and occasional competitors from overseas. Like golf, it originated in Scotland, as did Curling, with which it shares many characteristics and some terminology. The money in the sport is relatively paltry so, for the moment, I am unaware of anyone who makes a living from playing Bowls, although some manage to live from playing and acting as bowls sales representatives. Of course, the lack of money in the sport makes challenges for the international titles difficult for non-UK players.

Singlestroker edited on Sep 13, 2012 1:43 AM

BiggDogg

No. 19 Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:29 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Ok,like Shufflebaord without the board and the smokey bar room!!LOL!

Singlestroker

No. 20 Posted on Sep 15, 2012 1:25 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
BiggDogg wrote:
Ok,like Shufflebaord without the board and the smokey bar room!!LOL!

Some of the types in our club would certainly be at home in smoky barrooms - and you forgot to mention seedy! Still, it's a difficult addictive game that, despite my own lack of talent at it, I can't leave alone.

By the way, the length of travel of the bowl varies between 23 and about 34 metres.

Singlestroker edited on Sep 15, 2012 1:29 PM

Dave

No. 21 Posted on Dec 11, 2012 9:13 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Wow, Randy, what a start... what has happened?

"You beat calfskin/mylar with wooden sticks. Get over yourself." - Mark

StillKicken

No. 22 Posted on Dec 12, 2012 12:26 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well....looks like the Cowboys are on their way to a Super Bowl!

sherm

OldFart

Mapex

No. 23 Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:36 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Dave wrote:
Wow, Randy, what a start... what has happened?

They needed to get into the record books one way or the other, so they devised a plan consisting of winning the first four games, then losing at least nine games subsequently - perhaps all twelve.

That way they can say, "Ah HA!! We have them right where we want them!!"

Truth be told, the overwhelming majority of Cardinals fans are now speaking pretty much with one voice to be rid of the Head Coach and his Offensive Coordinator and other assistants. The Defense is performing at about 80-85% ( lacking a true Run Game D ), but the current Defense is excellent when compared to the historic profile.

Whisenhunt's Offense is far too complex to be successful with QB's who are Not Hall of Fame quality athletes.

He's far too stiff-necked to adjust his plan to the level of talent the team actually possess. He's been called-out for being an extremely poor evaluator of on-field talent.

There are way, way too many sides to the story - without contemplating all of them one would be at a loss to get to the bottom of it. What appears on the surface is merely a small facet.

The fiasco known as the Arizona Cardinals lives on. It takes a fan with an enormous amount of grit to tolerate it.

Stay tuned - it looks like the QB's, the Head Coach, at least some of the Coaching staff on the Offense, perhaps the GM and a couple well-known players are going to be elsewhere in 2013.

Back to square one ...

OldFart edited on Dec 12, 2012 4:41 PM

Mapex Saturn * Paiste
StillKicken

No. 24 Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:03 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
StillKicken wrote:
Well....looks like the Cowboys are on their way to a Super Bowl!

sherm

What? No comments? I figured I may have stirred the stick on that one. LOL!!

sherm

moneyowen

No. 25 Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:28 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
this guy

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Go to page 12 Next

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 72 milliseconds