Remo
DrumTalk » Ask Remo

Re:Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snar
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Re:Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snar [Re:submit]
seeitshimmer

Score: 0
No. 4 Posted on Oct 20, 2009 2:38 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
submit wrote:
Hello.

Just wonder if maybe a Remo ambassador (not the snare version) will give me a bit lower tone on the snare or just mess everything up?

im after a kind of this sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVL-f_5PYSE

but i know you cant copy miced snares Wink

Got a Remo Empror X on a Tama swingstar snare ( 14" x 5,5" )

Do you have the metal snare or the wood one?

I can't say it won't work, but I have never had success using a regular head. Although, I have only tried 1 time.

As for your problem, though, you would be better off just using a snare side and trying to tune your drum that way. However, make sure you aren't sacrificing your drum's ability to sing by tuning it that way. Some drums lose some tone and volume when tuned too low. Another point is that your drums sounds different, and typically lower, when you are away from the drum set.

Also, don't sacrifice feel too much.

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
7897 Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snare? submit 329 Oct 18, 2009 9:10 AM
6687 Re:Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snar Lobo 728 Oct 20, 2009 8:32 AM
6723 Re:Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso Mendell 260 Oct 20, 2009 1:13 PM
8828 Re:Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snar seeitshimmer 961 Oct 20, 2009 2:38 PM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 13 milliseconds