Remo
DrumTalk » Ask Remo

Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snare?
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Remo Ambassador (not the snare version) as reso on a snare?
submit

Score: 0
No. 1 Posted on Oct 18, 2009 9:10 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Hello.

Just wonder if maybe a Remo ambassador (not the snare version) will give me a bit lower tone on the snare or just mess everything up?

im after a kind of this sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVL-f_5PYSE

but i know you cant copy miced snares Wink

Got a Remo Empror X on a Tama swingstar snare ( 14" x 5,5" )

Lobo

No. 2 Posted on Oct 20, 2009 8:32 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
You could use a standard ambassador as a snare side. It will probably less sensitive and might have a weird garbage can sound, but it will be mostly in the tuning. If you play with the tuning, I bet you could find the lower tone your looking for. I would play it safe and just go with an emperor snare side head, but it's always good to experiment.

The snare sound in that particular song sounds like it has been enhanced quited a bit, so it will be MUCH more difficult to achieve than a less EQed snare (which is difficult enough already). From what I can hear I think the Emperor X could get you close to where you need to go, however based on the size of your snare you might not get it as low pitched is the recording is.

Mendell

No. 3 Posted on Oct 20, 2009 1:13 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I'd strongly suggest not putting and ambassador (not snare side) on the bottom of your snare.

I've done it once upon a time and it was pretty dead sounding to me, with no snare wires response at all.

Trying the emperor snare side might be your best bet.

Gretsh Renown Maple 10, 12, 14 and 16 toms, 22 bass drum, Yamaha, Spaun and Pork Pie snares. DW 9002 and Iron Cobra Powerglide double pedals. Many cymbals, here it is:

seeitshimmer

No. 4 Posted on Oct 20, 2009 2:38 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
submit wrote:
Hello.

Just wonder if maybe a Remo ambassador (not the snare version) will give me a bit lower tone on the snare or just mess everything up?

im after a kind of this sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVL-f_5PYSE

but i know you cant copy miced snares Wink

Got a Remo Empror X on a Tama swingstar snare ( 14" x 5,5" )

Do you have the metal snare or the wood one?

I can't say it won't work, but I have never had success using a regular head. Although, I have only tried 1 time.

As for your problem, though, you would be better off just using a snare side and trying to tune your drum that way. However, make sure you aren't sacrificing your drum's ability to sing by tuning it that way. Some drums lose some tone and volume when tuned too low. Another point is that your drums sounds different, and typically lower, when you are away from the drum set.

Also, don't sacrifice feel too much.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 20 milliseconds