Remo
DrumTalk » Ask Remo

Remo's "Coating Process" NEEDS FIXED
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Remo's "Coating Process" NEEDS FIXED
chriscroxton

Score: 0
No. 1 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 5:51 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Just bought all new Emperior Coated tom heads and one Ambassador for my snare and within 10 to 15 mins the coating on my snare was gone and about 30 mins my emperior coated tom heads were gone......Im not a hard hitter either....Its really starting to bother me and Im thinking about switching to Evans or Aquarian drumheads because of these ERROR....Please Fix it Remo because I really Do like your heads just the coating is not holding up... Everybody has been having these Problem......

Thank You
Chris Croxton

LinchDrumPin

PrRckFry

Score: 44
No. 2 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 7:02 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
No, not everyone is having this problem. I surely don't and I use Coated Emperors on my snares and toms. I never go through the coating before I replace them. I replace my snare batters every 3 months and my toms every 6 months.

Drum angles have a major part in it. Also if you are what I call a "swiper", that is a major factor as well. A "swiper" is someone that swipes when they play. They might not realize it, but it is crucial that you have a solid up and down motion when playing.

However, I can't sit here and say they don't have problems. Every head company does. I have seen coating problems with Evans and Aquarian.

Evans heads sound great for 1 month then they just die. Do you want to buy new heads every month?

Aquarian heads are dull, dry, and lack a lot of volume. Do you want to deal with that?

Select Remo products have coating on an ultra clear film. This will of course cause some issues. Coated Emperors, Powerstroke 4's, Powerstroke 3's, etc... These all have clear films with a coating on them.

Coated Ambassadors, the new Vintage Emperors, Powerstroke X, Emperor X all have coating on a different film that isn't as white as the Smooth White film, but isn't clear. It seems that the coating sticks to these films much better than the clear. Of course right? A clear head is so smooth, it has no texture to stick to.

Remo employees don't frequent this area often. I would suggest you call them and speak with customer service. They are always there to help. The number can be found on the website.

PeteNoAccess

No. 3 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 7:34 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Yeah, i have had coating probs with remo, on all heads apart from the emperorX.

it just doeesnt last for me ( i know people say its because of the clear film and its more visible ) but its really worse than other brands.

so i swapped to the black suedes, and in my opinion they sound better Big Smile and the look better.

I dont think remo can fix, because i think its something todo with the coating sticking to the head. so unless they change the head,the coating will always rub off to easy :/

AD Custom Drums
Amedia Turkish Cymbals
Boettcher68

Tim

No. 4 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 7:35 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
LinchDrumPin wrote:
No, not everyone is having this problem. I surely don't and I use Coated Emperors on my snares and toms. I never go through the coating before I replace them. I replace my snare batters every 3 months and my toms every 6 months.

Drum angles have a major part in it. Also if you are what I call a "swiper", that is a major factor as well. A "swiper" is someone that swipes when they play. They might not realize it, but it is crucial that you have a solid up and down motion when playing.

However, I can't sit here and say they don't have problems. Every head company does. I have seen coating problems with Evans and Aquarian.

Evans heads sound great for 1 month then they just die. Do you want to buy new heads every month?

Aquarian heads are dull, dry, and lack a lot of volume. Do you want to deal with that?

Select Remo products have coating on an ultra clear film. This will of course cause some issues. Coated Emperors, Powerstroke 4's, Powerstroke 3's, etc... These all have clear films with a coating on them.

Coated Ambassadors, the new Vintage Emperors, Powerstroke X, Emperor X all have coating on a different film that isn't as white as the Smooth White film, but isn't clear. It seems that the coating sticks to these films much better than the clear. Of course right? A clear head is so smooth, it has no texture to stick to.

Remo employees don't frequent this area often. I would suggest you call them and speak with customer service. They are always there to help. The number can be found on the website.

You have proved it again!!!

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Mendell

No. 5 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 7:52 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
nice one Tim!

chriscroxton, you should contact customer service, I'm sure they can arrange something. You should be able to get new heads from Remo or your local dealer. Here's what I found in searching the forums (coated emperor were being discussed):

MarkB wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your concern regarding the coating on your Emperor heads.

Please feel free to contact us directly by clicking the "contact us" icon at the top right of our web page.
You can either email customer service or give us a call.
Please explain your situation and we will glady replace the heads for you. You can also PM me with your information and I will have someone contact you personaly.

Thanks again,

Mark,

Gretsh Renown Maple 10, 12, 14 and 16 toms, 22 bass drum, Yamaha, Spaun and Pork Pie snares. DW 9002 and Iron Cobra Powerglide double pedals. Many cymbals, here it is:

Brian

Super Moderator

No. 6 Posted on Oct 25, 2009 8:06 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Thank you for your post and please know that coating should not only last 15 to 30 minutes. Itís obvious that thereís an issue with the heads you received. If that time frame is accurate and you encountered this under normal usage please contact your dealer or also feel free to contact us directly. We stand behind our product 100% and we expect only the highest level of quality from every drumhead we manufacture.

Thank you for your support and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for choosing Remo.

Brian
National Sales Manager
Remo Inc.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 24 milliseconds