I teach at a school and I'd like to retrofit my 6 Toca Synergy Congas (i have 3 pairs of Quinto and Tumbas) with Skyndeep heads.
I also have 2 Patato Model congas (11.75 rims) with Comfort Curve 2 rims from LP and an LP classic Tumba (12.5) with a Comfort Curve 2 rims.
I have Remo's Crimplock Symmetry PDF chart but I'm really confused. I'd really like someone to give me the following information.
1. Does Remo offer Skyndeep heads or even Fyberskin heads for Toca Synergy congas? (http://www.tocapercussion.com/product/congas/synergy_congas_wood.html)
2. I assume that if I wanted the Tiger stripe, I'd need two M4-1175-S6-D1007 to retrofit the Patato 11.75 congas and one M4-1250-S6-D1007 for the LP Classic Tumbadora? Please confirm I'm correct.
3. I've tried visiting ALL the listed online dealers and none of them have Tiger Stripe heads (I can use Calfskin color for the Toca Synergy heads...but I'd like Tiger Stripes for the Patato and LP Classic congas). Is there an online distributor that has what I need?
I'm looking to do a big purchase of heads in the coming days...I'd appreciate any information ASAP Thank you!
Here’s some assistance relating directly to your questions.
1) While it is likely we do have heads that would fit the Toca Synergy model Congas it not a line that we have tested as of yet so unfortunately I am not able to give you an answer without testing the drums. We do update our Crimplock Symmetry reference chart at http://remo.com/mini/crimplocksymmetry/ regularly so please check back.
2) The part numbers you reference here are correct for the LP Patato Conga and the Classic Tumba in the Tiger stripe finish.
3) Unfortunately there are not that many dealers carrying the Tiger stripe in stock. Most carry the Calf graphic models but you can special order the heads through your preferred dealer.