Remo
DrumTalk » Ask Remo

Remo Coating on Emperiors,Ambassadors
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Poster Remo Coating on Emperiors,Ambassadors
chriscroxton

Score: 0
No. 1 Posted on Oct 3, 2009 5:29 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I was wondering if you guys changed the coating process or something because the coating on my heads is not staying on that long at all....Im using a 5A stick so Im not bashing them to dealth.....I might start using emperior clear's if I cant fix these problem....What do you guys think?????
Im using a four piece setup too

I was also going to try the powersonic head..I have always used the powerstroke 3 clear on my bassdrum...Whats the difference????

Mendell

No. 2 Posted on Oct 3, 2009 8:19 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
searching the forums, I found that:

No. 8 Posted on Sep 29, 2006 1:54 PM

Tricky wrote:
At Remo we are constantly making sure are heads are made w/ the highest standards of quality control.

This is not to say that this kind of situtation could happen at some point and time.

Thank you all for letting us know.

If this problem happens to you please inform the Remo dealer you purchased the head from and let them know. Usually, on determing the problem they will either replace the head to the customer or send it back to us for further inspection.

Thank you all for your input and support.
This helps us help you.

N.

Inside Sales
REMO Inc.

as you can see, this issue comes back from time to time...

and on May 20, 2009 12:17 PM

DRUMMER83 wrote:
FILL FREE TO PM ME REGARDING THIS. THE COATING ISSUE DOES COME UP FROM TIME TO TIME AND WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ACCOMODATE YOU FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. WE WILL LIKE TO REVIEW THE COATING PROBLEMS AS THEY COME UP, TO BETTER OUR PRODUCTION QUALITY AND CONSISTANCY.

hope this helps

Mendell edited on Oct 3, 2009 8:22 PM

Gretsh Renown Maple 10, 12, 14 and 16 toms, 22 bass drum, Yamaha, Spaun and Pork Pie snares. DW 9002 and Iron Cobra Powerglide double pedals. Many cymbals, here it is:

kudoco

Adrian

No. 3 Posted on Oct 4, 2009 9:35 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
When the coating comes off, it changes the sound of the drum?

An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.
Texray1

No. 4 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 8:25 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Luckily, I've never had this issue. I have an assortment of Ambassadors and Emperors and not a speck of flaking so far.

pwc

Score: 18
No. 5 Posted on Oct 7, 2009 8:28 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I've been using Fiberskyns for some time and there is no coating to flake off ...

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Lobo

No. 6 Posted on Oct 10, 2009 5:14 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I don't use coated heads for that reason. You can always switch to the non-coated textured alternatives. Suedes, Fiberskyns (love them), and Renaissances.

Lobo edited on Oct 10, 2009 5:16 PM

Brian

Super Moderator

No. 7 Posted on Oct 25, 2009 7:47 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Though this response goes back a few years we still stand behind our product 100%. Though the durability of the drumheads and coating will differ depending on playing styles and use premature wear of coating is not normal. Please feel free to contact us directly at 800-525-5134 to address your case specifically.

Tricky wrote 2006:
At Remo we are constantly making sure are heads are made w/ the highest standards of quality control.

This is not to say that this kind of situtation could happen at some point and time.

Thank you all for letting us know.

If this problem happens to you please inform the Remo dealer you purchased the head from and let them know. Usually, on determing the problem they will either replace the head to the customer or send it back to us for further inspection.

Thank you all for your input and support.
This helps us help you.

N.

Inside Sales
REMO Inc.

Brian
National Sales Manager
Remo Inc.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 21 milliseconds