Remo
DrumTalk » Ask Remo

18" djembe replacement head
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
Topic Moved
This topic has been moved by - Crusher , Aug 9, 2009 6:31 AM
You may read the board announcement or contact board moderators for the reasons.
Poster 18" djembe replacement head
bigredbrillo

Score: 0
No. 1 Posted on Aug 8, 2009 11:32 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I just purchased a new remo djembe 18" Multi-mask.
I was showing some of my friends today and one of them dropped it on the concrete and scratched up the drumhead bad.
My friend said he will pay for a replacement, but i cant seem to find that size. Please give me some help so i can get a new drumhead.

The model number for the Djembe is... DJ-0018-LM
The model number for the replacement head is.... MO-2518-FD

The head is a Type 2 Fiberskyn 3.

Please help me out with a link to a site where i can get that shipped to me...thank you.

Crusher

Score: 102
No. 2 Posted on Aug 9, 2009 6:32 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
If you know the size and the model number any Remo dealer should be able to get it for you.

Musicians Wisdom

Communicate! It can't make things any worse.
Brian

Super Moderator

No. 3 Posted on Aug 14, 2009 7:55 AM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
That will most likely be a special order head. You've got the right part number so you'll have to visit your preferred Remo dealer and special order the head.

Thank you for choosing Remo

Brian
National Sales Manager
Remo Inc.
bigredbrillo

No. 4 Posted on Aug 14, 2009 9:28 AM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
yeah i get that but where can i special order that on the internet?

jimkerry10

No. 5 Posted on Oct 12, 2009 6:50 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
I also have an 18" remo djembe, and my head cracked after playing it 10 times. I would pay whatever to get a new head, i have tried several times to e-mail remo but the never respond to my e-mails. Maybe this may work, otherwise i am buy a buffalo skin and mounting it. You pay 500.00 dollars for a drum that cant be fixed, is there a point?? Hopefully Remo could prove me wrong

Brian

Super Moderator

No. 6 Posted on Oct 25, 2009 7:50 PM Profile | PM | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
A replacement head for our 18” Key-Tuned djembe may not be in stock at many dealers but there shouldn’t be a problem special ordering the head through any dealer.

If you need direct assistance ordering the head please feel free to contact us directly at 800-525-5134 and we can direct you to the dealer of your choice to order the head through.

Thanks for choosing Remo.

Brian
National Sales Manager
Remo Inc.

post new topic reply to topic Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded mode Threaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 19 milliseconds