Remo
DrumTalk » Drum Talk

Final picture of Beverley 8000 drum collection
go to previous topicgo to next topic

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
Poster Final picture of Beverley 8000 drum collection
Singlestroker

No. 1 Posted on Dec 4, 2014 2:53 PM Profile | PM | Email | Quote | Search | Copy | Favorite
Well, itís almost final. I still have to restore the peeling chrome from a second metal snare drum, 6.5in deep, which I have left out of the photograph. I also have to convert one more cymbal arm into an adjustable one (the one mounted in the centre of the small bass drum).

I gave quite some detail of the Beverley 8000 range when I first posted a photograph of the kit. The thread is still there for anyone who might find it of interest.

As some forum members might remember, I faked a 12inch dia. tomtom for this kit as there was no such size in the range. I have also just completed the repair and conversion of a 15in concert tom into a double-headed tomtom.

The final drum count, subject to the chrome repairs to the deep snare drum, is:

24 and 20in bass drums
14x5.5in and 14x6.5in metal snare drums
1x12in mounted tomtom
2x13in mounted tomtoms
14 in mounted tomtom
15in mounted tomtom
2x16in floor tomtoms

It is very unlikely that I will ever take all of the drums out together, but having them available allows me to make up a kit for any venue that I am likely to play. It was nice to have them all together just the once, albeit that I didnít mount any cymbals.

One thing I mentioned originally is that the Beverley drums were fitted with Premier Lokfast tomtom holders, which were inherently weak, and sure to break when played in heavy rock. I donít do a lot of that sort of playing, but I am not taking the risk. I have avoided the problem by fitting Lokfast cymbal holders in place of the tomtom holders. They double as sheet music holders.

All mounted tomtoms, including the 15in are now hung on Lokfast wide-based concert tomtom stands. I have shortened these (using angle grinders, drills, socket wrenches, etc) to reduce the possible (and, in my case, actual) playing height. By shortening parts off large Lokfast counterweighted (and cumbersome) boom stands, I have been able to produce extending cymbal arms that fit on the horns of the tomtom holders. All of the alterations have produced Premier Lokfast products using nothing but original Lokfast parts. The results look absolutely authentic, but the stands and arms were never sold in the forms I have produced. Lokfast hardware lends itself to these kinds of modification, almost as if it was designed for them to be possible. That is very fortunate bearing in mind the poor strength of the bass drum-mounted tomtom holders.

I have also added a cymbal arm block to the 24Ē bass drum so that both basses now have them. The same horns as for the tomtom holders fit into those blocks. So, I have a lot of flexibility as to where I fit the arms. If I ever did take the whole kit out at once, I could use a couple of cymbal stands to increase the cymbal-mounting points to 8. When I take less out, I need no cymbal stands as everything can be mounted off the bass drum and the tomtom stands.

(Click the picture to view the original one)

Singlestroker edited on Dec 4, 2014 3:27 PM

Topic thread
Hits Subject Poster Chars Posted on
411 Final picture of Beverley 8000 drum collection Singlestroker 2912 Dec 4, 2014 2:53 PM
289 Re:Final picture of Beverley 8000 drum collection HuskerFan 66 Dec 5, 2014 8:33 PM
357 Re:Final picture of Beverley 8000 drum collection Singlestroker 429 Dec 5, 2014 11:34 PM
73 Re:Final picture of Beverley 8000 drum collection ihasseb 423 Jan 17, 2015 2:54 AM

post new topic reply to post Print this post Print post Forward this post Forward post Click to watch this topic Watch This Topic flat mode Flat threaded modeThreaded
  go to previous topicgo to next topic
Normal post
New post
Deleted Post
Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 17 milliseconds