Topic: Tenor workouts?

Print this page

1.Tenor workouts? Copy to clipboard
Posted by: TenorHelp
Posted on: Oct 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Ok so first off, I am a short person about 5'1" and 100 lbs. Despite being short I would like to play tenors(quints) next year. Does anyone have some workouts to help me get ready for it?
And if possible any exercises to help me prepare for the tryout?

Thanks.

2.Re:Tenor workouts? [Re: TenorHelp] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: drumbum593
Posted on: Nov 5, 2012 11:51 AM

Push-ups, planks, anything that will strengthen your arms, back, and core. The best thing for you will be wearing the drum as much as you can. Your body will grow accustomed to it before too long and you'll be good to go.

As far as playing tips, I would just recommend starting simple. Practice any basic exercises you have on one drum. Then, once you have everything down on one drum, take it around the drums. This way, you already have the part in your hands and all you have to worry about is the movements.

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

3.Re:Tenor workouts? [Re: TenorHelp] Copy to clipboard
Posted on: Nov 7, 2012 4:26 PM

Thanks, Another thing. Most people in Drumline at my school don't think i'll be able to do it or even make because of my height. Do you like I will be able to work around it?

4.Re:Tenor workouts? [Re: TenorHelp] Copy to clipboard
Posted on: Nov 28, 2012 2:18 PM

I'm not gonna lie, it won't be easy, but it can definitely be done if you want it bad enough. I've seen guys march corps who weren't much taller than 5'1" and do just fine.

5.Re:Tenor workouts? [Re: TenorHelp] Copy to clipboard
Posted on: May 11, 2013 8:13 AM

If anyone is wondering how auditions went, i did horrible in auditions (my nerves always mess me up). But, they put me on Bass 1. So atleast i'm marching

6.Re:Tenor workouts? [Re: TenorHelp] Copy to clipboard
Posted on: May 12, 2013 5:24 AM

Sorry to hear it didn't go how you wanted, but there's definitely nothing wrong with marching bass. A good bass line is one of the coolest parts of a line to watch. I marched tenors so I'm biased towards them, but I love hearing, or playing, sick bass splits. And bass 1 is pretty fun, you get a pretty good amount of notes, kind of like snare on bass drum. The important part is just getting the experience. Work hard, show people you're committed to making the line better no matter what drum you march, and maybe they'll see your dedication and you can make the jump to tenors someday. Good luck this season!

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds