Topic: Drum heads!

Print this page

1.Drum heads! Copy to clipboard
Posted by: drumster15
Posted on: Feb 14, 2013 1:56 PM

Ok guys so my uncle recently bought me some new drum heads but...they are aquarian drum heads he got me classic clears for bottomes force 10s for tom batters an articulator bass drum head and a triple threat snare... Do you guys think these sound good on a PDP X7? well tuned and everything? I just need an opinion because I been wanting to try them out but then again I am a REMO guy always have and will but these heads seem ncie and tempting any tips or suggestions?

2.Re:Drum heads! [Re: drumster15] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: OldFart
Posted on: Feb 14, 2013 2:18 PM

A gift of heads?

I'd give them a try, that's the only way you're going to know if you'll like them for sure.

If you don't, no great loss in the effort to find out.

You'll be better informed after all is said and done.

Leave them on for a while; don't just quickly swap them out if they don't strike you as something you'd normally go for. Give yourself enough time to let them settle in and to give you a few days or so to listen and tune them so you've gotten the most out of the effort. You can always re-head the kit with what you had on there before.

Uncle sounds like a nice guy Smile

3.Re:Drum heads! [Re: drumster15] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: pgdrums
Posted on: Feb 15, 2013 7:38 AM

1. It's often fun and always useful to experiment with new products, but that usually costs money. You have a chance to experiment on someone else's nickel. That should be viewed as a welcome opportunity.

2. New heads of almost any brand and variety generally will sound better than old, beat up heads of almost any brand and variety. If your current heads are worn out, then these probably will be an upgrade. If your current heads are relatively new, then you could always wait until they're old.

3. If you don't want them, send them to me.

Good luck, and have fun.

4.Re:Drum heads! [Re: drumster15] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: StillKicken
Posted on: Feb 15, 2013 9:21 AM

YES!! What they said!

sherm

5.Re:Drum heads! [Re: drumster15] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Pearl57
Posted on: Feb 16, 2013 5:24 AM

Aquarian has much better quality control than Remo and better support. ..

Some rate Aquarian heads far superior in quality and tone. ..Easier to tune. ....I have used them at one time extensively. ..

Right now, I use Remo....Tomorrow, who knows....

6.Re:Drum heads! [Re: drumster15] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: drumster15
Posted on: Feb 18, 2013 9:28 PM

thx for the tips tried them out love how they sound really impressed my uncle got taste lol

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 11 milliseconds