Topic: Hello everyone!

Print this page

1.Hello everyone! Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Densbak
Posted on: Jul 5, 2013 7:27 AM

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've visited here. I see that many of the usual suspects are still around and posting.

The reason for this post is rather bad news for me. Within the last week I've visited no less than 3 doctors, in and out of the hospital. I've had some tests done to find out why I lost feeling in my right fingers and right foot and leg. Both limbs have a numb tingling in them. It difficult to walk steady, and holding even small items is difficult. The doctors at the Er have diagnosed this as Peripheral Neuropathy. Further tests by my regular doctor shows that it probably is what they call Paresthesia, at least that the direction he's heading. I've already gone through a EMG test, and am scheduled for an MRI of my brain to see just what may have caused this.

Just to fill you in...For over a year I have been continuing to play drums with my band, and every night I have experienced stiffness in my hands and legs. I just kept playing because I wanted to honor the booked gigs, and to keep things cool with my band mates. I considered retiring way back then, but I was coaxed into playing on. I should have listened to my body. Now I have no choice but to give up playing, maybe for good it seems. This hurts me because I love to play. I sure don't love the work involved having to set up, tear down and drive for hours at times. I've hired a friend to help move my gear, but that meant a loss of money for me at the end of the gig.

I will still be involved in music somehow, but the drums sticks have to be laid down...doctors orders.

I just thought I'd share this bad news with you all seeing as I've been involved with this forum for many years. I have received much help and inspiration from many of you, and I have helped many younger people get involved and stay involved in music...through Remo Forums.

I should be fine in time, but I need to watch out for any further problems this may have caused.

Take care everyone!

Dennis

2.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: technique2012
Posted on: Jul 5, 2013 9:38 AM

Sometimes you just have to slow down. Humans in general can only take so much.
I wish you a speedy recovery Smile

Ethan

3.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Pearl57
Posted on: Jul 5, 2013 12:57 PM

Sorry to hear this Dennis. Good luck and sending prayers your way!

4.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Singlestroker
Posted on: Jul 5, 2013 1:17 PM

That's rotten luck for a drummer, Dennis. I hope it can all be cleared up for you very soon. If not, the drums will hopefully give you a good start into another instrument, if you aren't already up to speed on one.

5.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: HuskerFan
Posted on: Jul 5, 2013 9:20 PM

I hope you get it all sorted out!

6.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: HuskerFan] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: pwc
Posted on: Jul 5, 2013 11:17 PM

Hi, Dennis.

It seems totally inadequate to say that I am sorry to hear about your health issues but I am, of course.

Without trying to stir controversy, one of the many reasons that I am not religious is that I cannot believe any all powerful deity would find so many ways to inflict such failings of the human body on so many.

I can only wish you the very best during your struggles with all this. Keep your spirits up, my friend,

7.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: StillKicken
Posted on: Jul 6, 2013 7:42 AM

Hi Dennis,

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles; I hope everything works out for the best in your future.

We will be thinking about you; keep a smile on your face Big Smile and work hard to get through this.

Cheers to you our friend,
sherm

8.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: OldFart
Posted on: Jul 7, 2013 2:43 AM

Dennis -

What a sad realization. My heart goes out to you.

I hope some good can be found to fill that same spot for you.

I pass my prayers and best wishes on to you.

9.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: StillKickinIt
Posted on: Jul 9, 2013 7:29 AM

Wow Dennis....I can't imagine. I hope you are finding ways to keep your spirits up, it's gotta be tough at times. I wish only the best for you and for an answer to your medical issues.

Even though, as you said, it is a lot of work hauling equipment etc, I still keep at because...I can. I don't want to quit playing and then have something happen as you have that prevents one from playing and regret stopping while still able.

Best of luck to you and hope for a recovery.
Take care,
Greg

10.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Densbak
Posted on: Jul 10, 2013 4:36 AM

Thank you everyone. I know they will find help for me, and I can hopefully get behind the kit one day.

Den

11.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Andy
Posted on: Jul 27, 2013 9:13 AM

Sorry to hear of the medical stuff. Laying down the sticks has got to be a tough thing to do. I've done it many times for job reasons in the past. Hopefully you'll recover and maybe try again in a couple years - who knows?

12.Re:Hello everyone! [Re: Densbak] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: HAL9000
Posted on: Jul 29, 2013 12:43 PM

Yo, Dennis....

I haven't checked out the forum in years, and I'm sorry to see this when I finally log back in.

Best wishes, brother.

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2012 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 27 milliseconds