Topic: Connecting two shells to form one drum?

Print this page

1.Connecting two shells to form one drum? Copy to clipboard
Posted by: TheLemonAid
Posted on: Dec 12, 2012 1:45 AM

This is not my creation... but I accidentally found this on google a few moments ago. It's quite interesting I have to say, I've never seen or heard of anything like this before... what do you think?

2.Re:Connecting two shells to form one drum? [Re: TheLemonAid] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: Singlestroker
Posted on: Dec 12, 2012 4:35 AM

Well I hope it produced the sound that he or she was looking for. It needed to to make that abomination worth it, especially when the main kit is such a pretty vintage one (Sonor?)

At least the abomination isn't permanent!

3.Re:Connecting two shells to form one drum? [Re: TheLemonAid] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: OldFart
Posted on: Dec 12, 2012 4:54 PM

Although not artistically applied, they make good use of Duct Tape.

For a Bass Drum to be extended that way, it's more than likely at least somewhat weaker in projection. Shallower Basses are proportionately more responsive.

I'm sure it's fun to experiment, though.

4.Re:Connecting two shells to form one drum? [Re: TheLemonAid] Copy to clipboard
Posted by: StillKicken
Posted on: Dec 15, 2012 2:50 PM

Oh no not with tape. Except for specialty type tapes they are not designed for removal. When used on some surfaces it tends to ruin it or leave a residue and hard to clean. Tape should only be use for what it was designed for.

I can understand someone wanting to find out what something like that would sound like but tape is the wrong thing to use.

I wouldn't think it sounded any good anyway; the resonance of the two shells probably wouldn't match.

I hate tape anywhere near fine equipment!

Sherm Big Smile

Privacy & Legal | Support | Catalogs  © 2014 Remo Inc.

Page was generated in 12 milliseconds